My station resides in a small, inaccessible corner of my basement, making more regular operation difficult. But soon my children will grow weary of Dear Old Dad, leaving a suitable area vacant. (Then again, given the cost of living these days, maybe not!)
“Contesting on a Budget” is a fact of life at W4KAZ. With 100 watts, the bottom of the sunspot cycle has been a real challenge .
- Primary – Elecraft K2 (Every bit as good as ‘they’ say)
- Backup – Yaesu FT 920 (A very under-rated radio)
- 160 meter Inverted L, with short elevated radials
- 80 meter folded dipole @ 60 feet
- 40 meter Inverted Vee @ 50 feet
- 20 meter dipole @ 60 feet
- 15 & 10 meter nested rectangular loop, top @ 40 feet
Contest logging is via Writelog on an aged Dell 150 Mhz PII laptop.
last update 7/5/2008